Thanks to courier, that the Indian postal services has introduced speed post and giving tough competition to courier in comparison of fast and security wise. With the emergence of mobile and Internet network, still people are using both courier and speed post to send important documents. These services are reduced the time of delivery and send the parcel within definite time.
Over time, both private and Government based couriers are improving and upgrading their services to send documents, parcels, ecommerce parcels, banking documents, deeds, goods etc. The deliveries of these services are become convenient and quick. The internet technology made both private and Government organizations to build advanced tracking feature to find the exact courier tracking and speed post tracking status of customers. This will be great helpful to increase their business.
Speed Post: This service was introduced in the year 1986 by the department of Indian postal service. It is a high speed postal service, when compare with other services of India post like registered post, express parcel, business parcel, logistics post etc. it has excellent coverage network across every of India and also spread its network across worldwide with the collaboration of Ems speed post.
It is the top most leading parcel service in the domestic express market of India. It ensures and guarantees the fast, express and timely delivery of parcels, which is up to 35 kg. Speed post offers the services to both domestic and international customers at an affordable and lowest price. It offers the special services to customers like insurance up to Rs 1,00,000, 24 hours booking facility, parcel speed post tracking system from source to destination, discounts for regular customers, free pickup for bulk and corporate customers, cash on delivery for retail and ecommerce customers, mobile notification to the customers through sms up to the parcel reach the destination, compensation for delay of articles and book now pay later for contract and corporate customers.
Courier: It is a express mail service. And it is running under private courier company organizations. In India, there are many popular private courier organizations and they are DHL Express India Private Limited, DTDC, Blue Dart Express Limited, FedEx, Delhivery, UPS, First Flight Courier Limited etc. The basic services of these courier companies are to deliver the client parcels from one place to another place in India. These private courier companies will deliver services are limit to certain places in India.
Different courier companies provide different services. The delivery services are available through the year. But, the basic features of all courier companies are fast delivery, safe delivery, heavy items delivery, secure mode of transportation, courier tracking from source to destination, worldwide courier delivery, efficient services, time-bound delivery services, domestic and international services.
Speed Post Vs Courier
The main difference of speed post and courier are given below:
- Speed post is a postal service, where as courier is mail service.
- Speed post is running under the department of Indian postal services, which is a Government of India based organization, where as courier service is running under different private courier companies.
- Speed post has excellent network coverage. It spreads across every corner of India and also worldwide. Whereas courier service network depends on courier company network.
- 24/7 speed post booking facility available in major cities of India. Whereas for courier service are also available 24/7 in major cities. And also courier services are available on Sundays and holidays also.
- Speed post tracking available for parcels, whereas all courier companies are not offering tracking facility. Only some couriers like DTDC, Blue dart, DHL, First Flight, Dotzot, Aramex etc are offering courier tracking facility.
- Speed post offers lowest and affordable prices for parcel. Whereas courier services rates are high and vary from one Courier Company to another courier company.
- In Comparison, courier services are fast when compare with speed post.
- Speed post has one rate across, whereas courier service rates are change from place to place and weight to weight.
- The delivery time of speed post is from 7 to 9 days, whereas different courier companies will deliver the parcel from 4 to 6 days. And also it depends on Courier Company.
Similarities Of Speed Post And Courier
There are lot of similarities between speed post and courier. And they are given below:
- In terms of shipping services, both are fast and reliable.
- Both companies are delivering the documents, parcels, articles, letters, consignments, packages etc.
- Both companies are offering real time tracking facility for customer’s package from source to destination.
- Both companies save the customer time and money.
- Both companies deliver the documents in small towns and cities in working days only.
- In major cities, both courier companies are delivering the parcels from 1 to 2 days.
- Both courier companies are offering convenient and time-bound services.
Now a day’s people are not want to waste money and time. In busy days, they didn’t want to wait parcel. They want to receive the parcel in quick and also want to receive the parcel in convenient time. Both speed post and courier offers the services quick and convenient. These companies are reducing the parcel delivering time. And also the add on facilities of these companies are speed post tracking and courier tracking. These services will give the clients to check the status of their parcels. Finally, these courier companies offers the guarantee services, secure services and time bound services to both domestic and international customers.